Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year New LaVoz

Hey guys, I know I started off the new year with just a simple DIY but I wanted to introduce you guys to my new layout. Unfortunatly I have not had enough time in my schedule to go out and do all the street style shots that I originally had planned for the page, but like they say when one door shuts another one opens. Well let the door fling. Are you ready for it? I'm so excited! I'll be doing small features on people all over New York with awesome style as well as my DIYs ofcourse and more to come in the near future!


This weeks how-to:
Leather Faux Bow-Tie
Materials
10"x4.5" piece of fabric
4"x1" Strip of fabric
Glue
Safety pin/Ribbon
Step 1:
Gather your materials and apply glue along a short edge of your fabric.
Step 2:
Fold over the opposite edge and press down so the glue will stick. Let dry.
Step3:
Start folding accordian style down the center. Make sure the top and bottom edges are facing you. Wrap your fabric strip around the folded center

Step 4:
To secure it add a dot of glue and press down.

Step 5:
Take your safety pin and slide it in between your fabric strip and bow. If you'd rather use a ribbon instead of the safety pin and tie it around your neck feel free. They both get the job done, you would just slide it in here



I was inspired by Levensky to make a studded leather bow tie. You dont need to put studs but it you do I suggest putting the studs on before you assemble the tie. Good luck, hope you enjoyed! Dont forget to send pictures of your DIY projects to Crissy@lavoznyc.com







1 comment:

  1. I love your style.

    Jade
    :)
    x
    www.thefashionformative.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete