Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bobby Necklace DIY

Happy New Year Everyone! I decided there is no better way to start off the new year than with a simple DIY for my lovely friend Alycia. I did two different versions. The First is with a camping rope that I found in the hardware store in my neighborhood, the second is with a leather jewelry cord from a local craft shop. Enjoy!

Materials
Rope/cord
Bobby pins
Scissors

Step 1
Take one end of your string and tie a loose knot


Step 2
Slide all your bobby pins through the other end

Step 3
Pull one end through the loose knot and make another knot around the other side.

Step 4
Tighten both knots and pull at the two sides until the knots come together . Separate the knots and adjust to ur desired length

Step 5
Look good
Rope Version
Leather Cord Version
Note: To get a different look you can also spray paint the pins. I'll post some pictures of spray painted ones on a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment